Monday, July 3, 2017

DOD 12 - HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!  July 4th...The day we celebrate our independence as a nation.  It’s a marker, a reminder of what our nation has fought for, endured, protected and a continual striving to find greatness.  And for many of us reading through these DODs we, in great appreciation and awareness, celebrate our individual freedoms.  Just thinking about and writing that brings me joy, pride and appreciation and humility.  

In preparation of this DOD I have thought through several topics that I want to put to paper.  However, nothing has seemed to fit other than this:  I know that all of us have plans today.  Maybe it’s to sleep in and rest.  Maybe it is to wear ourselves out in catching up on things that need to get done at home.  Or maybe it is a time for everyone to get together, eat a bunch of burnt offerings fresh off the grill and get a complete thrill out of the concussive noises tonight.

Whatever best laid plans lay in wait for me today I am going to be intentional about two things.  And I am asking for this DOD that you would join me...and be prepared, it will last all day!

  1. In everything, put other’s first
  2. Take 10-15 minutes and write a thank you letter or letter of appreciation to someone

Today, I want my focus and actions to be on others ahead of mine.  Now I know, some of us may say, “Hey, I do a lot of self sacrifice in my life everyday with my wife, my kids, my job, my_______.”  And that is more than likely very true.  But today, will you join me in not preferring others out of obligation or commitment?  Will you join me in asking the Holy Spirit throughout the day to lavish your love and attention on others in a way that goes beyond your daily routine?  I am looking forward to what comes from it!!!

Finally, take some time to write a simple letter to someone.  (I encourage handwritten).  Invite the Holy Spirit for guidance on this one.  Don’t let it be a burden.  Really enjoy it.  Because, I can tell you that whoever you write that letter to, it will make a huge impact on them.

If you care to share about your experiences today, you know what to do!


Love you men!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment