Thursday, July 27, 2017

DOD 31

DOD 31, 40 Day Challenge


The fact you are here reading this I assume you want to hear from God. I know I do each day as I start my devo and even as I start my day.  I find myself sometimes mid morning having had my devo and having spent time with God and I have that checked off my list and I neglect to invite Him into my day.  Let's start by asking God to be here with us now and to help us hear Him.  ...


Now that we have asked God to be here let us begin.  For many years I had a relationship with God.  I know I did.  God has confirmed it in many ways.  Yet in all those years of knowing God I never completely believed Him.  My pride said I could earn my or be good enough.  I couldn't or wouldn't except that I needed God for everything I did. I couldn't accept that I was weak and needed Him and that He loved even weak as I was.  I fought that.  It kept me from realizing so many things and experiencing LIFE and all God had for me and because of that sin had a foot hold and wrecked my world for years.


Does that sound familiar?  Maybe?  Maybe not. Probably at some point though for whatever your reason is you did not fully accept or agree with God's word.  The word He gave us to tell us what we needed to know about Him and life.


Let me break from that thought there and go into another thought.  Today I finish up a military school I have been at for the last two weeks.  I missed my family.  They did come visit on during the middle weekend and it was great.  It will be good to be home tonight.  I also told my wife last night how I missed real authentic conversation I share with you guys.  There are good people here but there alwasy seems to be this layer where I will only let you get so close.  I miss the realness of being known and hearing other guys being real and exposing their stuff because they are not afraid of judgement and want to be known.


So this probably seems like I am all over the place.  I am driving at a point here.


Exodus 24:3-4 "When Moses went and told the people all the Lord's words and laws, they responded with one voice, "Everything the Lord has said we will do.'  Moses wrote down everything the Lord had said." 


What a beautiful picture.  Everyone in agreement with God and each other to be obedient.  So let us start there today.  As bothers today let us be in agreement with God and that we all want to be obedient.


Then let us write down what God tells us today.  Yes write it down.  If you journal write a scripture that you are in agreement with or need to be in agreement with.  If you don't journal get out some paper or a note card and write.   Use this to help you remember what God has said to you this morning. 


Let us share scriptures that are truths we are in agreement about today.  Choose one or two and write them down and meditate on them today.


Here a few:


I Timothy 4:8 Let us agree to be strive to be holy.  Holiness is not stiff or boring.  It is good for now and for heaven.


Galatians 6:9 Let us agree to keep doing good even when it is hard.  Agree it is okay to be rewarded for serving.  We are not just servants to God that serve because He owns us.  It is ok to be rewarded.


I Peter 5:7 Let us agree God cares about all our problems.  He cares about each of individually.


Hebrews 13:6 Let us agree God really wants to help us.  Let us agree He can protect us from man.


If you have one share on GroupMe.















No comments:

Post a Comment