Thursday, July 20, 2017

DOD 26

DOD 26, 40 Day Challenge


This a quick one today but can be used over and over as you go through life celebrating what God has done for you. 


Prep:
Be quite with God for 5-10 min.  No guidance here just you being with your Father, your Papa.


Story:
So last week I received news at my job in the next couple of months I will be moving to a new position.  This is an answer to prayer and a blessing on so many different levels.  If I told you all God did in this situation that started a year ago you would still be reading about this one incident tomorrow.  I want to share one sliver of this super cool God story.


So this is the third time I have been up for this new position in the last year.  I had 3 weeks notice of when they would make the decision. An opportunity not to sit on pins and needles but to pray and talk to Papa.  I found out last Tuesday the decision would be made one way or another Wednesday morning.  This is right before I went home on Tuesday evening.  So I left excitedly anxious.  I made a plan to fast the next morning until I got the decision and to stay as busy as I could at work. 


So I drove home excited to tell Kylene.  Before I could she told me she had jury duty on Wednesday.  We had already decided in advance if she had to go in during her time I would take the day off to take care of the kids.  When Kylene heard that a decision would be made the next day she told me she could find someone for the kids.  I could go to work.  It was clear what God was saying to me.  "Matt you are not in control.  I am.  The decision has already been made.  You stay home and take care of your kids.  In fact Matt don't even fast.  You have no control here.  I do."  So I did stay home and I didn't fast.  Kylene went to jury duty. 


About ten minutes before 9:00 AM I get the call from my supervisor that the decision was made and I would get the new position.  I am fist pumping as I am driving the kids around and they are asking what it is all about.  Just enough time to call Kylene before she is called in and share the news and take the burden off her mind. 


Aha moment:
So I am so excited to and want to celebrate and God reminds me of a devotional lesson He had given me a week or so earlier. 


Read Exodus 12:17-20. Actually read all of Exodus 12 and focus on those verses.


Did you get that.  In order to celebrate what God had done in freeing the Israelites they were to fast from yeast.  Nothing was to have yeast in it. 


We fast to have God answer prayers and for favor.  It is to remind of Him. What about fasting to celebrate.  To say Thank-You Papa for what You just did or what You have done in my life.


Your turn:
Our brother Jon just a few days ago called for us to spend the day being thankful and challenged us to live our lives in thanksgiving. 


I want to challenge you to find what you are thankful in your life today and celebrate what God has done or given you by fasting. 


What are you thankful for?
Being exposed so there is no more secret life.
Being loved by God
Still having your wife.
Your job.
Your kids.
There is no wrong answer here.


Now what do you want to fast?
Maybe it is your lunch meal.
Or chocolate for the day.
could be TV.
Something meaningful between you and God.


As your cravings kick in turn your eyes to heaven and say thank-you Papa!




Share with your brothers what God and you talked about and decided today.

















No comments:

Post a Comment