Saturday, July 29, 2017

Devotion of the Day - 32



Day 32 of the 40 Days to Freedom Challenge – are you experiencing more freedom / healing in the area of sexual integrity? 

Today I want to talk about a person who, like us, needed healing: “Now a woman, having a flow of blood for 12 years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any.”  Luke 8:43
You most likely know the story well…but let’s ask the Holy Spirit to show us how it can apply today to any area of our life where we needed healing….spiritual, physical, financial, relational, etc.
God, our Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to save us and restore us into the Father’s arms.  This restoration is so deep and so powerful I would venture to say we, the Body of Christ, have only begun to understand the depths of the blessings it provides.  Through Jesus, we can literally touch God and experience His glory and supernatural power for healing in our lives!!  Just like the woman in today’s story!!  This was not just a cool story to demonstrate Jesus’ power….it is a story that spans they ages and is for us today.  While we cannot touch Jesus’ robe physically today….it’s ok…we don’t need to.  The healing came from her faith that accessed His power and is the blueprint for us today on how we can receive healing!
This woman had spent all her money to find healing to no avail.  Then something happened.  She heard about a man named Jesus Christ.  She received pure, unadulterated revelation of the One called Jesus.  The report she heard created a hope so powerful it pierced and overwhelmed her pain, rejection and discouragement.  When the day came when Jesus was close enough for her to approach, she was consumed with revelation and faith!
In this state of faith she said, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well” Matt. 9:21  Immediately, when she did, the supernatural power of God was released from Jesus and His power and light overwhelmed the darkness working within her body, and she was instantly healed!
Do we have this same level of expectation regarding Jesus desire and ability to heal us?  If we did, then I believe we would have many more of us walking in amazing freedom and healing!  I am concerned that we interpret or determine what Jesus will do through either A) our personal experiences or B) religious tradition and both are not the right filter.  Our western minds are so inundated with science and reason and we block our own access to the power of Jesus to heal us immediately.  The day of miracles has not passed….it is today….it is now!  God is the same yesterday, today and forever and He longs to heal us and have us experience freedom and relationship with Him!
Crazy thing to me…this woman didn’t have the bible or church or praise music or devotionals or support groups most likely.  She was considered spiritually unclean and probably had very few, if any friends.  Today, we have so much that I wonder if it isn’t too much.  The simple truth….Jesus Christ, the risen Son of the Most High God is all we will ever need!  How then do we have faith like this woman so we can access His power?  She didn’t beg Him for healing…she didn’t even ask…she didn’t fast, didn’t read the Word, didn’t get her life together before approaching Him. Jesus also didn’t “decide” to make her well.  He said, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.  Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.” Mark 5:34
God had already made the decision to open the Heavens to her and to us when He sent Jesus, and God Himself is now waiting for us to press through the crowd, the noise of our western world, the reason of our minds and receive His Word, Jesus Christ, the One who heals us and delivers us from all our destructions.

Questions for Reflection:

1)      What things have you heard about Jesus?  Have they come from God’s Word, or have they come from sincere people who have mixed information about Jesus?

2)      Has what I know about Jesus caused the kind of faith to well up in me like the woman in our story?  Why or why not?

3)      What specifically do I need healing in….where I need to press through to touch Jesus with faith?

4)      Have I been waiting for God to send help that He has already sent? 

Pray this prayer with me:
Father, I thank You that You’ve already made the decision to send Your Son, Jesus Christ, for me!  I pray that I fully receive all that is available to me through this relationship.  Holy Spirit please give me a divine revelation of who Jesus is and how I can access His power through faith.  Help me to move past human reasoning, past religious traditions.  I need You to open my heart and mind to the Truth.
I desire to walk in Your supernatural power, and declare that I will get in and abide in You and Your Word like never before.  Increase my faith and my level of excitement and expectancy regarding what you are going to do in my life!
I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment